Just a reminder that we will be closed Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving.
We hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday.
The Plaza and Commonwealth Storm Water Project Completed!
It appears that the Charlotte Mecklenburg Storm Water Services Plaza and Commonwealth Storm Water Project has been completed and traffic is back to normal.
Member Business Loans Now Available
CFDCU is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Credit Union Business Group to offer business loans to our membership. Business loans require more documentation and time to process than consumer loans, but we will work with you to make the process as efficient and pleasant as we possibly can.
If you are a business owner and need funds to move your business to the next level, please call us today.
Deposit checks with your smartphone!
Our newest service, Remote Deposit Capture or RDC for short, allows CFDCU Mobile users to deposits checks into their account by taking a photo of the item.
You can find out more here.
Walmart Secret Shopper Scam
We recently received information that some people in our area have received a letter that purports to be from a company that provides "secret shopper" services for companies such as Walmart, Sears, Costco, etc. Included in the letter is a check that you are asked to deposit and use to perform your shopping. This is a scam! Please don't fall for it!
The letter we examined was mailed from Spain but others experiences may be different. To read more about it please visit this site.
Online Shopping Tips
Here's a few tips to help you protect yourself while shopping online:
- Be Careful Where You Shop - Make sure that you're dealing with a reputable business. If you haven't used them before, search for the business name along with words like “review,” “complaint,” or “scam.” Be sure to read a few reviews — don’t rely on just one source.
- Be Sure of the Site - Make sure that you're on the actual website for the company in question. Sometimes, scammers will put up a clever copy of the real website in an attempt to get you to enter your credit card or other information.
- Know the terms. Find out what the refund/exchange policies are, and if there are any charges (like shipping costs or restocking fees) if you return a product.
- Pay by credit card. Credit cards give you protections that other methods of payment may not. If there’s a problem, you have the right to dispute charges and temporarily withhold payment while your dispute is investigated.
- Use secure checkout. Before you enter your credit card information online, check that the website address starts with “https”. The “s” stands for secure. If you don’t see the “s,” don’t enter your information.
For more information about staying safe online, visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protection website.