2014 CFDCU Director Elections
Two seats on the CFDCU Board of Directors are up for election at the 2014 annual meeting. These seats, currently held by Bob Summey and Everette Passaly, are three year terms.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a member in good standing
- Must be at least 18 years old as of January 31st, 2014
Volunteer applications may be obtained by contacting a member of the Nominating Committee or from the credit union office.
- Antoine Calloway, Chairman - Station 30, "A" Shift (704) 357-3791
- Scott Sain - Station 35, "C" Shift (704) 432-0931
- Derek Parks - Station 1, "A" Shift (704) 336-2150
Completed Volunteer Application must be submitted to the Nominating Committee or to Debbie Trotter (Secretary) by January 31st, 2014. If you have any questions please contact the credit union at (704) 375-3950.
Online Shopping Tips
There will be lots of gifts purchased online this "Cyber Monday" and you can never be too safe. Here's a few tips to help you protect yourself while shopping online:
- Be Careful Where You Shop - Make sure that you're dealing with a reputable business. If you haven't used them before, search for the business name along with words like “review,” “complaint,” or “scam.” Be sure to read a few reviews — don’t rely on just one source.
- Be Sure of the Site - Make sure that you're on the actual website for the company in question. Sometimes, scammers will put up a clever copy of the real website in an attempt to get you to enter your credit card or other information.
- Know the terms. Find out what the refund/exchange policies are, and if there are any charges (like shipping costs or restocking fees) if you return a product.
- Pay by credit card. Credit cards give you protections that other methods of payment may not. If there’s a problem, you have the right to dispute charges and temporarily withhold payment while your dispute is investigated.
- Use secure checkout. Before you enter your credit card information online, check that the website address starts with “https”. The “s” stands for secure. If you don’t see the “s,” don’t enter your information.
For more information about staying safe online, visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protection website.